xFx Ghost

  • Subject: xFx Ghost
  • From: James <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:13:08 +0100

ok, this is a realy odd one!

I've got a  lightswitch linked to a netiom linked through floorplan to
an x10 unit. It's been working perfectly for the last 4 weeks, never
gone wrong - until this morning.
Everytime i flick the switch the light goes on then off, or if the light
is on it goes off then on. After a restart of everything it still happened.
The pc is a 2k3 server with a xFx service hub, Edward's x10 app and
floorplan run a gui apps and a slimserver connector run as a service too.
I checked viewer and saw this sequence:
netiom input changes
netion sends .event
floorplan reveives and processes it and sends a Toggle .cmd targetted to
x10
x10 sends .event as light turns on
x10 sends .event as light turns off

looking in the x10 gui it shows it receiving 2 .cmds not 1 but viewer
only shows one.
Now the odd bit. I stop the slimserver connector service. and try the
above and it all works correctly. Restart the slimserver conector and i
get the double toggle again, but still never see the second .cmd in viewer.
So somehow the slimserver connector is duplicating the xAP messange and
passing it over to  the x10 app. Also on the PC is Switchboard and that
isn't receiving duplicate messages on calls so the issue can't be with
the hub. So I am bit confused here! Stuart can xFx apps talk somehow
outside of xAP or am i missing something really obvious. At least the
good news is that it's totally repeatable

James

slim connnector was  v1.2.8.17 btw