Re: Z-Wave Getting Started?

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:21:38 -0500, David Powell <Davepow16@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I notice the xAP Framework offers a Custom xml configuration class.  I
have
>already implemented my own xml parsing class but could probably swap it
out
>for the xAP Framework class.  Is there any major advantages to using
the xAP
>class?  I would think that for the purposes of retrieving application
>information that any form of accessing the xml file would do just fine.

I don't think there are any advantages of using the xFx classes (for
there are a few varieties I've used over the years!) for XML access at
all. They're mainly there to service xFx itself so that it can be
customised externally with little effort from the developer.

It started off reading/writing to the app.config file, but then I
found that unZIPping new versions over the top of the old one would
overwrite custom configs which was unacceptable. So then I started
reading/writing to a custom .XML file which I would never ever ship in
a xFx xAPplication install. I setup xFx so that it would look for that
file and failing that, have a look in the default configuration in
app.config.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/