Z-Wave Getting Started?

  • Subject: Z-Wave Getting Started?
  • From: "davepow16" <Davepow16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:52:00 -0000

I am at the point in my Z-Wave application where I need to figure
out how this xAP stuff works.  I am using the xAP .net Framework and
programming in C#. The first order of buisness I think is to create
the z-wave schema.

The purpose of my application is to create a service which will
allow home automation software such as CQC and HomeSeer be able to
access information about my z-wave network and be able to control
the device.

So I think that I can make a message available to the client
(HomeSeer or CQC) which tells the client all the available node
ID's. With the node ID's available to the client it would be able to
ask for information such as device type (IE. Thermostat, Dimmer,
Blinds, ect.). Different device types provide different status
indications and settings.  For example the dimmers return a value
from 0 to 99 for their dim levels and 255 if the status is unknown.
Thermostats return the current temp, current fan setting, and
current mode setting (cool, heat).

So, I really really need everyones help to first design the schema.
Then the next phase would be implementing it.  I will leave that for
another discussion.