Re: Re: BCS and X10 Question

g8kmh wrote:
> --- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
> wrote:
>
>>> Very relevant as I'm in the middle of an xAP->DMX plug-in
for xFx
>>> using BSC. There an xAP address and/or ID has to be translated
>>>
> into a
>
>>> DMX channel.
>>>

>> Is that using the Milford Instrument board ??
>>

> Yes, it is the Milford DMX transmitter board.

That's great as I have the transmitter and some DMX kit.  BTW There's a
very nicely priced dimmer on offer from CPC currently.

4 Channel DMX Dimmer Pack  £47+VAT

DMX512 or 0-10V Analogue Control
16A total load, 5A per channel
3-pin XLR I/O
8-pin DIN I/O
IEC Outputs

CODE : DP2753068

http://tinyurl.com/ad93z

At some point we should get together (with Edward who is working on
Dynalite lighting) and thrash out a 'lighting' schema.  At the moment I
have C-Bus implemented using BSC - which works really well but there are
a couple of extra bits that BSC doesn't address that belong in a
lighting schema eg ramp times, simultaneous arrivals, ramp end
announcements,  etc.  I have a badly thought through C-Bus specific
schema currently, main difference being the extra features and overall
reporting of all loads in one message, rather than BSC's individual
ones.   Using BSC allows for the xAP Netiom to be used (via simple
mapping) as switch inputs to C-Bus or it's outputs to be utilised from
C-Bus.  I have some (limited) mapping hardcoded into my C-Bus gateway
device, I am hoping to refine and release this - eventually ;-) - need
to add press/hold dim etc.

Scenes and Groups also rears its head again although I am not sure if
this should sit within the lighting schema or a xAP overall feature.
Possibly both..