Re: Re: BCS and X10 Question

g8kmh wrote:
> --- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
> wrote:
>

> I'd go with the no limit (on BSC ID
We will probably have recommended lengths and a requirement to support
some number of these as a minimum requirement to be xAP spec
'compliant'. Longer ones useable but may not be supported by all devices.

> )and be controversial - drop the
> source UID in the header completely.
> Is there an application that
> uses it?

Well I have two (the C-Bus board and a hardware 'mapper') and the Netiom
will be using it too.  Pretty certain it will be staying.
> So far I think the real world PIC applications have used
> another protocol on the wire or used a device with enough horsepower
> to parse addresses(PIC18F) - not sure about your Rabbit apps.

The PIC 18F's can struggle still and the Rabbit uses them, every bit of
space helps by being able to include other features .