Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents

  • Subject: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents
  • From: Michael McSharry
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:05:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Thank you
for the clarification.&nbsp; I'm OK now with use of only 1 player and
the old connector for now.&nbsp; All my players go by their IP
address.&nbsp; I assume that the dots in the IP address will not
confuse the Target parsing when I implement&nbsp;the new
connector.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Stuart
Booth</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xAP_developer@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xAP_developer@xxxxxxx";>xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, January 10, 2004 3:40
PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [xAP_developer] sliMP3 Query of
playlist index and playlist contents</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:16:56 -0800,
"Michael McSharry"<<A href="mailto:mcs101main@xxxxxxx";>mcs101main@xxxxxxx</A>>
wrote:>The Whole House Audio schema does not appear to have a mechanism
by which to select the player for the audio commands and query.&nbsp;
In particular, when I have two sliMP3 players connected to one SlimServer
and I use the schema to select playlist and query status, then I only have
a connection with the the first sliMP3.&nbsp; What is the technique to
interact with the second and subsequent players connected to
SlimServer?--The Target address in the header part of the message. The
schemadoesn't include any addressing in this case.For instance, with
respect to the latest build of the Connector that Iam working with here,
here's the very message I was using to test outthe Playlist querying last
night:xap-header{&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; v=12&nbsp;&nbs
p;&nbsp; Hop=1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
UID=FF123400&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Class=xAP-Audio.Query&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.Anya:Office}Playlist.Query{&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Query=Index}The Target line specifies the player name in the subaddress
componentof the address line.So KCSoft.SliMP3.<instance> addresses
the Connector, and the bit afterthe ':' addresses the individual player, in
this case my test &amp;development Slim called "Office".If
you don't specify a particular Slim in the Target line then thelatest build
I'm using here will assume you mean ALL Slims it knowsabout ie
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.<instance>The old Connector build from November
works in a slightly differentway. As I recall you have to replace the bit
above where I've used<instance> to instead refer to the name of the
Slim, so"KCSoft.SliMP3.Office" would probably work.But I'm a
little hesitant to
recommend the old one for multiple Slimsas I could never test it at the
time, so you may find a few issues.The new Connector is massively different
internally and *has* beentested with multiple Slims, as I now own 2 of
them.Let me know if an updated build would be of use right now,S-- Stuart
Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development
framework for .net<A href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A href="http://www.xapframework.net/";>http://www.xapframework.net/</A></TT><TT>
<HR width="500">
<B>Yahoo! Groups Links</B>
<UL>
<LI>To visit your group on the web, go to:<A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/</A>&nbsp;
<LI>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
href="mailto:xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</A>&nbsp;