Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents

  • Subject: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:40:00 +0000

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:16:56 -0800, "Michael McSharry"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=6952y5SlEZ0itQaKC3TPMJSzePgNvg-nMBQcQW9RYO7PuingIgChpTJ4WNs282O0-G0M_m32zklGycgBRctPF9I">mcs101main@w...</a>>
wrote:

>The Whole House Audio schema does not appear to have a mechanism by
which to
select the player for the audio commands and query. In particular, when I
have
two sliMP3 players connected to one SlimServer and I use the schema to
select
playlist and query status, then I only have a connection with the the first
sliMP3. What is the technique to interact with the second and subsequent
players connected to SlimServer?

--

The Target address in the header part of the message. The schema
doesn't include any addressing in this case.

For instance, with respect to the latest build of the Connector that I
am working with here, here's the very message I was using to test out
the Playlist querying last night:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=xAP-Audio.Query
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.Anya:Office
}
Playlist.Query
{
Query=Index
}

The Target line specifies the player name in the subaddress component
of the address line.

So KCSoft.SliMP3.<instance> addresses the Connector, and the bit
after
the ':' addresses the individual player, in this case my test &amp;
development Slim called "Office".

If you don't specify a particular Slim in the Target line then the
latest build I'm using here will assume you mean ALL Slims it knows
about ie Target=KCSoft.SliMP3.<instance>

The old Connector build from November works in a slightly different
way. As I recall you have to replace the bit above where I've used
<instance> to instead refer to the name of the Slim, so
"KCSoft.SliMP3.Office" would probably work.

But I'm a little hesitant to recommend the old one for multiple Slims
as I could never test it at the time, so you may find a few issues.
The new Connector is massively different internally and *has* been
tested with multiple Slims, as I now own 2 of them.

Let me know if an updated build would be of use right now,

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=5nyX-BoHmwECf0OeiQ7i3armCnFMPd13bWNOoYqyRF3z3NGEZ8UH5wTTukzJx8TXcyCloy-bdwly6q4jWdAxGNs">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net