Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents

  • Subject: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents
  • From: Michael McSharry
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:16:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">The Whole
House Audio schema does not appear to have a mechanism by which to select
the player for the audio commands and query.&nbsp; In particular, when
I have two sliMP3 players connected to one SlimServer and I use the schema
to select playlist and query status, then I only have a connection with the
the first sliMP3.&nbsp; What is the technique to interact with the
second and subsequent players connected to
SlimServer?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Stuart
Booth</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xAP_developer@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xAP_developer@xxxxxxx";>xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, January 09, 2004 8:06
PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [xAP_developer] sliMP3 Query of
playlist index and playlist contents</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:23:16 -0800,
"Michael McSharry"<<A href="mailto:mcs101main@xxxxxxx";>mcs101main@xxxxxxx</A>>
wrote:>2. I would like to retrieve the entire contents of the loaded
playlist.&nbsp; Do I iterate on Playlist.Query with an increasing index
key or is there a more elegant approach.&nbsp; If I iterate, then how
do I know the number of indexes in the playlist?--I've left this bit in the
developer group as it goes back to thediscussion I posted on re. multiple
to send the Slim Connector aplaylist dump request of some kind, how do I
respond?1. Lots of individual messages, one for each entry in the
playlist?2. A single message with lots of message bodies, one for each
answer?Option 2 could fill up the xAP message and require multiple
separatemessages anyway. A truly huge play list could cause some thin
gs to goabsolutely bananas in either format.You could request the data in
chunks I guess, batches of some multiplemaybe. Other options,
anyone?There's a few things afoot to tweak up the WHA schema a bit as
Edwardpointed out that sending a query could get all the data sent back
asone, rather than via multiple separate query/replies. Haven't had achance
to follow that one up yet (trying!).I was going to get the new Slim
Connector out asap anyway (the bugsyou've hit with the old one and multiple
slims just prioritise thiseven more) and only *then* tweak it up to match
the WHA changes.S-- Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>xAPFramework.net - a
xAP software development framework for .net<A href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A href="http://www.xapframe
work.net/";>http://www.xapframework.net/</A></TT><TT>
<HR width="500">
<B>Yahoo! Groups Links</B>
<UL>
<LI>To visit your group on the web, go to:<A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/</A>&nbsp;
<LI>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
href="mailto:xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</A>&nbsp;