Re: Viewer Tooltip thoughts

  • Subject: Re: Viewer Tooltip thoughts
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 19:02:00 +0000

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:47:44 -0000, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=yon_POu7Ke7fEwvfNrI7TB4ZJPmCo2646Rq1tH9pkIzY5qz3hnCxv-7cXOhMoIaT7nrH-iTXSjKWDV7y-kcMELVU">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> > Okay, I've just sent you a modified build which enables
> > the tooltips support.
>
>Thanks - it's great for what I need...

I've set it up so that the button is always available in debug builds,
and it's a feature you can enable via the config file in release
builds if you *really* want it.

This'll be in all future builds I send over to you or upload to the
xAPFx website.

>Yes it's a bit 'vicious' but I think that is only the time delay before
>tooltip appears - it's still very useable . Also as the items move
under the
>cursor it messes the tooltip up.

I think it's working correctly in that respect, as it's showing you a
new tip for the new message that's now under the mouse cursor, as the
list scrolls up the screen. I think if you 'pause' the scrolling by
selecting an item the tooltip will then remain static wherever you
place the mouse.

>I find this really useful - it allows you to find the correct body
section
>names very quickly. I use it fulltime now... (althougs you do need to
be
>able to calm it down with the toggle option)

:lol: Now you know why I hid this feature! :lol:

It's on the list of many-fine-things to improve in future though.
Quite where it fits on the priority list though...

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=GtOFTEXjMkrDWAasabYy97OFPt2rzZBhopg1EqiKHdRsJctVVGj3KykKCzgmSaB8oLvNESJ2o3HFroY9fw">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net