RE: Viewer Tooltip thoughts

  • Subject: RE: Viewer Tooltip thoughts
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 18:47:00 +0000

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=ZBZtnniSTohASXzN8-1NB2ug0UT1dj5KaJhAc21cJTT9Vl5InjetY1dVnW7R0lN5StmGQrEOZjZ1TbMIxg">lists@x...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=8wLoSPbj72_l-j4lUsCFwak5yyXB8ZmGjciEOlIJ8a_ZIqj-EdZIMBnN5ouw2Ytkn96s7LxoIUBYAa9vRYMJUhQQzA">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=quq1fT6zR9bmMMSqNj89J9e6HiXtdq2f_c9BHoGnLD1Uv69MluX5d4mC-d_ptPVZNlrywHhpQ4HPQFy_m50">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> > Would it be feasible to have a tooltip popup that
> appeared when you
> >hovered over a message that displayed the message ?? I
> don't know how
> >flexible this feature is in preserving line breaks
>
> Okay, I've just sent you a modified build which enables
> the tooltips support.

Thanks - it's great for what I need...

> There's a balloon button on the toolbar you need to check
> each session when you want this feature enabling. It gets
> just a bit excited though as you'll see!

Yes it's a bit 'vicious' but I think that is only the time delay before a
tooltip appears - it's still very useable . Also as the items move under
the
cursor it messes the tooltip up.

> But it does track the messages very nicely (too nicely
> tbh) and preserves line breaks as you'd expect.

I find this really useful - it allows you to find the correct body section
names very quickly. I use it fulltime now... (althougs you do need to be
able to calm it down with the toggle option)