Re: xAP Slim Connector

  • Subject: Re: xAP Slim Connector
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:54:00 +0000

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=3MA_k9tDx5TAA1yItrv3dQ-XjdBo2sjruySJ6AmeBqbJ-OR0eZ02CO-3Wv7me52RTc0p7hJn8W-QplaVOXQ064B75WGe">mcs101main@w...</a>]
>> Since I do not do health monitoring on the server, I
>> must depend upon the Connector to provide this functionality.

Normally that would fall out of the lack of heartbeats being sent by
the SlimServer. In my case I could add a "Uhoh, it's dead" type
message to be more explicit.

You'd probably note the lack of response to a query from a native
implementation as an indication that it is having troubles, if
heartbeat monitoring isn't used.

I think different implementations of this can and will offer different
features. I personally want to 'leverage' (!) the work I've done with
xAPFramework.NET itself as that is what gives me the most
satisfaction, taking my own goals and interests into account.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=BMbamG0IDojTAJ2Om3gVKYmPICu23QWM5QiQQmkEWoWmW1pjJ7a4x-Y0vHApAZfvxyzWvnZRHlZolgePhA">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net