Re: Duplicated xAP messages

  • Subject: Re: Duplicated xAP messages
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:50:00 +0000

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:40:12 -0000, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=cd6fEqR63S74IMFF4Bn5S2ehHzioLX69bBEJDe01UyAHe_eBQb57qkNGSfadk_vutWH7shbiQD54fm1DBg">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

>This is a section of an email exchange between Michael and myself where
>Michael is experiencing duplicated messages appearing in xAP Viewer -
on one
>machine - and it appears to happen even with just Viewer running (as a
hub).
>Anyone any ideas ?? It's almost like the hub is servicing itself.

I have seen this myself, but only on a handful of occasions. Sadly it
has happened so very infrequently that I've not been able to track
down the problem. I generally found restarting Viewer solved the
problem because I was investigating something else at the time.

> I am wondering if the fact
> that Viewer is reporting a port number of 3639 is creating an entry
within
> the hub as a 'hub loop' for the Viewer and hence duplicating things

That's a good theory, and one I'll follow up. There's no need to send
out port number when it's running as a Hub. I just send out that data
regardless.

That has bitten back a few times when James found some problems with
my code expecting that bit of data and complaining when it was
missing, simply because ALL of my xFx applications included it because
xFx provided it automatically for them.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=nVgWePOnygrFfXIVqf_A2qMJw-WvwVvjvZWCdwMqMkCovZQniIxoLIkl2uD02cAjAJwV9YWmn6VNu9F0I-4">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net