Schema Was Re: Call for Participants.

  • Subject: Schema Was Re: Call for Participants.
  • From: Stuart Poulton
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:33:00 +0000

Dear All,

To follow from previous e-mails.

It was my understand too that xAP- schema would be agreed in advance and
prior to usage.

The following makes no atempt to "point fingers" of apportion
blaim, however

From the 23 published xAP schema,

There are 2 sms schema
2 callerID schema
2 display schema
2 different weather schema
2 different audio control schema

To compound matters within these schema the same functionalitly is often
carried out in different ways for example from the audio transport

mode={playpausestopoffonnextprev}
Command=[play  pause  stop  next  prev]

Finally and this one is what really prompted me to write this message

There is no agreement on how time/date information should be provided, some
use timestamp, some use timedate.

I fear that even atempting to resolve these issues now will be impossible,
should we perhaps make some effort now to sort this, or in six months we'll
potentially have more schema with more problems, leading to developer
specific applications.

Here is a simple proposal, if only for a few days, time be taken to try and
establish exactly what schema perform duplicate funcitions, and where
possible work be undertaken to rationalise them, in so doing this may
create
schema suitable for adoption under the xAP banner. Also, some time is put
forward to documenting xAP from a user perspective.

Regards

Stuart (P)