xAP "display rules" - request for an application

  • Subject: xAP "display rules" - request for an application
  • From: mark_harrison_uk2
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:55:00 +0000

It's clear to me that I'm missing one "killer app" in my xAP
world.

I have lots of telemetry fly around, but I need something that
listens to all of it, and prioritises when should be displayed on my
(limited) display devices.

In my view, this should be a separate engine to the display
controller, which should remain a very simple thing. The logic for
this is that ultra-lightweight display devices attached to, say,
PICs, won't have the horsepower to run rules themselves.

For example, I might have the following inputs:

- CM12
- WeatherStation
- POP3

... and a two-line display device.

Under normal circumstances, I want it to display the temperature
outside...

... unless an email comes in, when I want it to display the
"from"
and "subject".

... unless the phone is ringing, when I want it to display the number
and name of the person calling... even if an email comes in while the
phone is ringing :-)

Hence some need for rules-based prioritisation.

What do people think. Anyone feel like working together on this?

Regards,

Mark