Re: Should we support XPL bridging?

  • Subject: Re: Should we support XPL bridging?
  • From: Patrick Lidstone
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 08:42:00 +0000

> Given KeithD is (if I understand postings correctly) supporting xPL
in
> his KAT Switcher, is that not a 'killer app', and thus demands
> bridging support between the two protocols??

I'm not sure what Keith's plans are - at Hatfield he certainly
expressed a keen interest in xAP, and I offered him whatever
assistance he needed to get up and running.
As it stands today the switcher doesn't have a real ethernet
interface AIUI, although I imagine there are plans to include one in
the finished product. It is a few hours work for me to create a
personality for the rabbit board I have that xAP enables the switcher
via its serial interface and provide standalone xAP support.

> BTW, I notice you keep using XPL instead of xPL. Is that a
deliberate
> choice?! :-)

I thought that's how they wrote it! Oh dear, I'll have to go and
check...

> I just quit the xPL group because, after todays exchange, I feel
like
> I'm spying rather than contributing.

There's certainly a fair bit of (unnecessary?) hostility. Personally
I'd like to see the two communities getting along...

Patrick