Re: Should we support XPL bridging?

  • Subject: Re: Should we support XPL bridging?
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 19:24:00 +0000

On Sat, 24 May 2003 16:58:41 -0000, "Patrick Lidstone"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=GvUrKsXtXGBAJB171t3JxD5sE6iBnsgaAQT6v4b198atgY7HlK7YBrG1V3-yR-HxZr4JeFUfGpwbNNAfcMAD">patrick@l...</a>>
wrote:

>If XPL were to move to a different port, we could potentially bridge
>the xAP and XPL worlds, subject to the basic limitations imposed by
>the XPL being a subset of xAP.
>
>Is there any interest in this? Personally I'm ambivalent, but I'm
>happy to write the code if people want an even broader choice of apps.

It would be interesting to see it done, and it would be useful for
such an app to be written as you say.

Given KeithD is (if I understand postings correctly) supporting xPL in
his KAT Switcher, is that not a 'killer app', and thus demands
bridging support between the two protocols??

I can't say I have much interest in doing this myself.

BTW, I notice you keep using XPL instead of xPL. Is that a deliberate
choice?! :-)

I just quit the xPL group because, after todays exchange, I feel like
I'm spying rather than contributing.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=FytZxnSSuLf1eE6SV5mKfOiWG3SoJ62kf5ZzVhG0tA_UJTSiij6Uk1C3718CDY_TVQhUQWWpJSprtB4jYL4">stuart@x...</a>