Re: Re: Vendor name for SlimDevices?

  • Subject: Re: Re: Vendor name for SlimDevices?
  • From: mph@xxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:02:00 +0000

Stuart,

:-)

On the "is it running on the SliMP3 or the server"... I don't
really see it
matters.

The issue is "where does this leave the xAP world, and move into a
proprietary
protocol."

For example, the PIC-based device that will control my Meridian hi-fi is
running in a PIC box... however, it'll still be called
"Meridian", rather
than "Meridian-connector".

Frankly, if it's to control a SliMP3 in the office, I think it should be
called
SliMP3.office - irrespective of whether it's physically implemented as a
server
process that controls using Slim's proprietary protocol, a RABBIT that
babble
to the Slim's serial port, or a bizarre thing that fires custom IR across
the
landing...

M.

Quoting Stuart Booth <<a

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=oEhwk61p_ijLAHibnzE1xHrXzDNe10HEY_Wk7JMoZ2cvewb3cBWLCiPR7HwkBoyc3w36cyhOK6pBa15Z">mph@a...</a>
wrote:

> >Stuart,
> >
> >The format, AIUI, is:
> >
> ><software developer for that connector>.<type of
device>.<instance of

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=PB48w3ZM6mwQFzueo732kRVezrhYkm2IzwQbKfPx1juW43HOxvvZg7WCgAHALglNLCNtB29TYQlXUCr21Q">stuart@s...</a>

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=WnOqYp4Op6J6Scmh5G2WYH5Fq1-CIvtlQKR9-lEeL2aBZ2ghs_Qb6hdNZUXVliSr2Ykz1BYpnUhyeXBqYJ2myqS7lJ4jRqh9aLSPk_zeSS5Qpvvm">xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>