Re: Hub Client disconnecting from a Hub

  • Subject: Re: Hub Client disconnecting from a Hub
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:15:00 +0000

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 21:42:55 +0000, Stuart Booth
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=nnWrhOTG5Vda1JJrrLgf91CWlDiLKU_uLJ-Rs7xV3xG5oeLqB4fZsLWub2HFF40nv4_QjodeMLVcOpIkbrCs">lists@x...</a>>
wrote:

>How about a formalised method for a HubClient to let its Hub know that
>it is shutting down now?
[snip]
>Sort of like a "Goodbye, I'm going" message:
>
>xap-hbeat
>{
> v=12
> hop=1
> uid=FF077400
>** class=xap-hbeat.stoped ** (or stopping)
> source=KCSoft.SliMP3.server
> interval=60
> port=3647
> pid=2320
>}

Hi Folks,

I implemented this a while ago in xAPFramework and it works really
well. Although I spelt it correctly in the code, using
"xap-hbeat.stopped" to indicate a terminating client.

I realise it's a bit 'out of spec' but is this generally okay with
everyone?

This'll be in the next xAPFramework release so any applications
written with xFx will automatically support it of course.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=H6pZS7oMIyeuKUou1ly4z3jbsvwGKEMuYIuHk_vz7OBUQpT0_X_xemDI_UWXIakgp1f4j_vNbfr1k01TFG0mdhI">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net