Re: Hub Client disconnecting from a Hub

  • Subject: Re: Hub Client disconnecting from a Hub
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:37:00 +0000

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 00:56:17 -0000, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=FJGJOiI-tiEm4eHUqydsH6tcJGDcBr_mo2nc1U6p-t3C29PauVJ1Mk4pq_ADZfp3bMkr56KIqxm8dX7IKIE">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> What do you see as a useful application for such a system - which I
>agree is tidier than we have currently..

When a HubClient is shut down manually by the user, I'd like it to
tell the Hub such. The Hub code can then generate internal events to
indicate this to any application around it and clean up after itself
promptly, rather than waiting on 2+ h/b's before realising that the
Client has disconnected.

It also then has a neat way of knowing when the client has shut down
gracefully and when it's crashed. This could be alerted around the
network via your debug/error schema suggestion.

> and could it be achieved just with
>a 'going to lunch' schema ?

Sure could. I'm just wondering about the best way of notifying it that
can become standard, if possible. Only thing is, maybe all
applications need to implement it. But if they can manage a h/b,
hopefully a one-off, I'm terminating, message is possible.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=1wslkKYKoDyx5SF-glG8jIUy5n52UBIYldq_vsyGk0jqxA2Q63U0Fvkk_USTnYrRLg1xkIVqJCTROOE8sQ">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net