Re: Problem with xAP Switchboard reporting OG Call length

     I just looked over the code and the callcomplete block is common
for both incoming and outgoing so I now suspect it's not a problem in
the duration parameter... but let me know.

One other thought...  do you have a message waiting / 1571 checker
type device - that takes the line offhook after every call to check for
broken dialtone ?   This will be reported via xAP as an outgoing call of
around 3 secs duration with no digits dialled .    If so you can tick
the option  box "Hide Message Waiting Checks" and these will be
ignored.

Kevin

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> I don't expect your issue is due to multiple applicatons - although
I'm
> not quite sure what you mean by 'pushing the same xAP info around' --
> every xAP message has a unique source= line that identifies which
device
> sent it and there should be no duplicated messages. Multiple xAPTel
> instances can run (as long as the xAP source/linename is different and
> xAP Switchboard can handle bucketloads of different lines with no
> issues. How many lines do you have - is it just the one ?
>
> IIRC the way Switcboard displays outgoing call duration changed in a
> recent version and I'm not sure currently whether it bases this on the
> values presented by xAPTel or performs its own calculations. If, as I
> suspect, it just displays the info from xAPTEL then it's possible I'm
> sending an incorrect value or omitting the duration= in the schema.
I'll
> wait for James to respond on the mechanism but it's likely we will
need
> you to capture a 'session' of messages that originate from xAPTel from
> the outgoing call initiated to the outgoing callcomplete message. You
> can capture these very easily in xAP Viewer.
>
> If you can send me these for a call that exhibits the issue I'll take
> look - inparticular the outgoing.callcomplete one........
>
> Outgoing.CallComplete
> {
> DateTime=YYYYMMDDHHMMSS
> --- Mandatory
> *Duration=HH:MM:SS
> --- Mandatory (duration of event eg total call time*)
> Phone=01234567890
> --- Mandatory (may be blank if no number was dialled)
> Formatted_Time=11:36:00
> --- Optional
> Formatted_Date=30 December 2002
> --- Optional
> }
>

> Can you let us know which version of xAPTel and Switchboard you are
> running ? IIRC for xAPTel there was the installer and then a .exe
update
> - it's many years ago I last visited that app and I'm using the xAP
> embedded CallerID device now rather than xAPTEL so I can't easily
check.

> cheers Kevin
>

> Nigel Giddings wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running a number of xAP applications on a number of machines
>> however I still something of a novice and haven?t quite got to the
>> bottom of how all this black magic works?
>>
>> I think one of my issues is that I am pushing the same xAP info
round
>> the network from different sources?
>>
>> I am currently running
>>
>> xAP Hub (ver 1.2.9.12)
>>
>> xAP Conduit (ver 2.0.0.313) Homeseer Plug-in?
>>
>> xAP Switchboard
>>
>> xAP Floorplan
>>
>> xAP Tel (with a Meteor CID unit)
>>
>> The issue I see at the moment is that xAP Switchboard works great
>> apart from O/G call duration. It appears that it reports an O/G
Call