Re: Newbie questions

  • Subject: Re: Newbie questions
  • From: "bdstl06" <bdstl06@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:13:24 -0000

An update on this effort:

I have xfx-Express hub installing first and binding correctly.

I have Four installing and binding to the hub.  I've configured Four
with my "second" twitter account (although I've left "xap
Sources"
blank because I don't know what this is) to receive messages from a
private group.

I have housebot installing and binding to the hub via the xap
interface, created an xap listener device with the Four UID, and
Housebot automatically created an instance of several Four properties
(Class/Block/Param).  Almost all device properties are locked.

I'm fairly sure the hub sees both Four and HB as connected clients,
at least according to the

Not knowing exactly what to expect, I assumed that as Four responded
to queries via the web page or detected Tweets, and generated
messages to the hub for distribution, new device properties
corresponding to a Four message would show up in Housebot (perhaps
two different block/param sets if Four treats web interface queries
and Tweets with two different message formats).  I do have auto
create enabled.

As it is, I can't see anything happening other than heartbeat
messages at the console.  From the xfx verbose console, it doesn't
look like Four generates a message when I say, ask what time it is,
from the Four web page.  It also doesn't appear to generate a message

Thanks to anyone that made it this far.  Any help is appreciated.

Bryan

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "bdstl06" <bdstl06@...>
wrote:

> Thanks for this help, esp the service start order info.  My initial
> attempt to correct the start order was to uninstall Four as a
service,
> reboot, and manually start xfx-Express before HB.  I received the
same
> error as reported on the console display, but I think more
> experimentation is necessary before I bother this group.
>
> Bryan
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@> wrote:
> >
> > You could also delay starting of the other apps - I do that here
by
> using a free utility called delayexec.exe - that way, the loading
> order of apps can be guaranteed by writing a small batch file.
> >
> > Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin
Hawkins

wrote:

> [...]
With some
> > > initial
correctly
with
> (Vista,
devices
> > > corresponding

I don't
HB XP
> > > computer.
local
host

> > > The hub must be the first xAP application that starts on any
machine.
> > >  ie it must start before HouseBot or Four.  The message it
is
giving
> > > indicates another xAP applications has started before it.
> > > Installing xFX Express as a service is strongly recommended
as
then
> > > it's always started before any applications.
> > >
> > > If a xAP application appears deaf (isn't seeing incoming
messages) it
> > > is a good sign that the hub isn't working.  All xAP
applications can
> > > send messages without requiring a hub.

but
shows no
> establish a
housebot-
based),
> > > but
> right way
show up
in HB as

> > > I'm not overly familiar with Four but HouseBot only
automatically
> > > creates devices from xAP devices that are using the BSC
schema.

> > > You can manually create devices that are linked with
individual
> > > parameter values within any xAP schema by using a xAP
Listener
device
> > > (Create device > requires hardware interface > xAP
> etc).
Likewise
> > > you can build non NSC schema messages to send by using a xAP
Sender