xAP Newbie

I'm very new to the xAP implementation, but want to learn more. My
main
HA system is Idratek and I am aware this is now xAP capable.

However, for starters I would like to understand how I could achievev
the following objective:
- xAP Blue "sees" my mobile phone approach
- xAP Blue uses xAP interface to Squeezebox / Squeezecenter
- Message is displayed on Squeezebox 3 (i.e Paul is home)

How do I achieve the above? What do I need to form the logic and send
the message?

Many thanks

Paul