Re: xap homeseer plugin

Ok, third time lucky. Yahoo seems to be eating my emails.  Apologies
if
you've got this twice before hand!

Hi,

When the plugin deals with a BSC device, such as x10,cbus,netiom, you
will find the state changing as expected from 2,3,4 to represent the
usual on,off and dim states.
When it handles other schemas, like the message.display from zoneminder,
it has to deal with them as text devices. This is why the state never
changes from 17 as it's not on or off or dim. What you'll need to do is
trigger a HS event on a device status change and use a simple script to
read the new value of the status text and trigger whatever is needed.

I am looking at 'fudging' the text parsing so it could change the device
value/state but it's gets quite tricky when dealing with the possibly
limitless variations of data that could be provided.

hth
James
pjeitler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed the MI4 Homesser pluging and I am having one
> particular problem:
>
> Even though the xAP device shows a status change on the HS status
> screen, I can't trigger an event from that device change.
>
> I am using Zoneminder to send xAP messages when a camera detects
motion.
> Using the HS xAP plugin, I created a device that shows the alarm
> status. It shows "off" when no motion is detected and
"on" when motion