Re: xAP Jabber 0.1 released

  • Subject: Re: xAP Jabber 0.1 released
  • From: "JamesTraynor" <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:33:32 -0000

Hi Max,

The chat bot app will use xAP Jabber as the gateway to xmpp. It also
has a web interface and could easily be extended to sms,skype..
anything really.

I'll have a  look at that tray icon bug.

Thanks

James

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "max (private mail)"
<max@...>
wrote:

> Quick clarification, is the message routing handled by the forthcoming
> chat bot, or by the gateway?
>
> Little bug, running xAP Jabber and intranet launcher, Jabber joins the
> intranet tray icon. If you Open jabber from the launcher menu, then
> close it (presumably back to the launcher tray icon), you can't reopen
> it again. Gateway continues to work fine. If you run jabber without
> launcher running, you can open and close it as many times as you like.
>
> I'm looking forward to the chat bot :)
>
> Max
>
> JamesTraynor wrote:
> >
> > xAP Jabber is an instant messenger bot. It connects to a
jabber/xmpp
> > server as a regular user and then you add that user to your
personal
> > jabber/xmpp roster. Now xAP display messages will be sent as
popups to
> > jabber clients and any xAP device can send a message to any
jabber
> > user. Any authorised jabber user can send messages to the bot and
> > these get transferred to xAP messages. Also the presence of all
> > authorised jabbers users is sent over xAP ( compatible with xAP
> > Switchboard, using the same schema as the jabber connector).
> > This application is a gateway and not a chat bot. That
functionality

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=164&ttitle=xAP_Jabber_0.1