Re: Re: xAP on Squeezebox 3 AND Floorplan crash

--------------090401000702070201070003

Hi Max,
I've just discovered the issue that causes this. It's part of the xpl
bridge that is always running and occurs on the receipt of certain IR
messages that come from xAP and have sub addresses. It tries to write a
text event file that contains an illegal character, which then stuffs it
all up!I'll get an updated exe out asap. Only trouble is I'm currently
pulling Floorplan apart to add the granular authentication features and
rebuild it to support the new Intrannet OCX and until I do that i can't
compile it. I'll get it out as soon as possible, for now I would suggest
using Edwards slim plugin, which is really very good, and disable the
sending of IR in the plugin and you won't see any issues.

Thanks for the report and those demo messages, it really helped!

James

max wrote:
> I'm going to give Edwards connector a go, but for now here is a little
> more information.
> No raw devices connected to slimserver, "global.xsp" already
exists.

> Floorplan crashes on the following messages
> ****************
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF190802
>     class=SliMP3.Event
>     source=KCSoft.SliMP3.study:study
> }
> Button.Event
> {
>     button=dead
> }
> ***********************
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF190802
>     class=SliMP3.Event
>     source=KCSoft.SliMP3.study:study
> }
> IR.Event
> {
>     code=7689e01f
>     time=967.0831888
>     name=dead
> }
> ********************
>
> Restarting floorplan and resending the message doesn't always cause a
> crash first time, second or third time usually does.
>
> Max
> James Traynor wrote:
>
>> Well that's not good! I presume you have a raw device setup to
capture
>> data from the Slimserver? Does that device trigger any script? If
it
>> does then could you try making a blank file called 'global.xsp'
inside
>> the /Scripts/ folder , that may well be the issue. If not is there
>> specific xAP message that triggers the issue?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> James
>>  p.s. I have played with an earlier version of Edward's slim
connector
>> and it really does works rather well! I'm sure it'll be out soon
>> max wrote:
>>

>>> James,
>>>
>>> I've just found that using the old xFx slim connector causes a
hard
>>> crash of floorplan! Tried it with both service and GUI
versions on the
>>> same machine as floorplan, and the GUI on another pc. All
crash
>>> floorplan with a "Run time error '52':Bad file name or
number".
>>> Seems to happen as soon as the slim conduit starts sending
messages.

>>> Max

haven't
conduit does

max <max@...> wrote:

> [...]
it up on my

*On Behalf Of *rb_ziggy

3

Slimserver yet!

the lounge

pretty poor. I've
like it to

development. Is that a

Kevin Hawkins

SlimServer than the

best for pre 6 but

Also there

work nicely with

plugins work for

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------090401000702070201070003

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Hi Max,<br>
I've just discovered the issue that causes this. It's part of the xpl
bridge that is always running and occurs on the receipt of certain IR
messages that come from xAP and have sub addresses. It tries to write a
text event file that contains an illegal character, which then stuffs
it all up!I'll get an updated exe out asap. Only trouble is I'm
currently pulling Floorplan apart to add the granular authentication
features and rebuild it to support the new Intrannet OCX and until I do
that i can't compile it. I'll get it out as soon as possible, for now I
would suggest using Edwards slim plugin, which is really very good, and
disable the sending of IR in the plugin and you won't see any
issues.<br>
Thanks for the report and those demo messages, it really helped!<br>
James<br>
max wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">I'm going to give Edwards connector a go, but
[...]

James Traynor wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Well that's not good! I presume you have a raw
device setup to capture
data from the Slimserver? Does that device trigger any script? If it
does then could you try making a blank file called 'global.xsp' inside
the /Scripts/ folder , that may well be the issue. If not is there a
specific xAP message that triggers the issue?

Thanks

James
p.s. I have played with an earlier version of Edward's slim connector
and it really does works rather well! I'm sure it'll be out soon
max wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">James,

I've just found that using the old xFx slim connector causes a hard
crash of floorplan! Tried it with both service and GUI versions on the
same machine as floorplan, and the GUI on another pc. All crash
floorplan with a "Run time error '52':Bad file name or number".
Seems to happen as soon as the slim conduit starts sending messages.

Max

rb_ziggy wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Ditto here! I'd be v interested too.

I've now got the squeezebox 3, cracking bit of kit but haven't
succeeded in getting messages to it yet. The current conduit does
seem to see the traffic and will show some messages on the softqueeze
version but then seems to hang up.

rgds

Richard

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com";>&lt;mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com&gt;</a>,
max <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:max@...";>&lt;max@...&gt;</a>
wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Just wondering if you're any nearer to posting
the new conduit, Edward?

Max

Edward Pearson wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Available now! (coding is done, I just need to
put it up on my

</pre>
<pre wrap="">website...)

</pre>
<pre wrap="">
</pre>
<pre
wrap="">----------------------------------------------------------

</pre>
<pre wrap="">*From:* <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com";>&lt;mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com&gt;</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap="">[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com";>&lt;mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com&gt;</a>]
*On Behalf Of *rb_ziggy

</pre>
<pre wrap="">*Sent:* 28 October 2006 15:15
*To:* <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com";>&lt;mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com&gt;</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap="">*Subject:* [xap_automation] Re: xAP on
Squeezebox 3

Kevin

Well, I'm not actually running any version of Slimserver yet!

I've got a bit of a lashup streaming solution in the lounge

</pre>
<pre wrap="">where the

</pre>
<pre wrap="">'normal' hi-fi sits and the resulting quality
is pretty poor. I've
been hankering over a squeezebox but I'd really like it to

</pre>
<pre wrap="">work with

</pre>
<pre wrap="">the xAP infrastructure (caller ID etc.)

So it's a pre-purchase question!

It's good to hear that the conduit is under development. Is that a
REAL soon or 'real' soon? ;-)

regards

Richard

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com";>&lt;mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com&gt;</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com";>&lt;mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com&gt;</a>,
Kevin Hawkins
&lt;lists@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">The issue is more to do with the version of
SlimServer than the

</pre>
<pre wrap="">player.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">What ver are you running. The conduit works
best for pre 6 but

</pre>
<pre wrap="">depending

</pre>
<pre wrap="">on your display complexities may work for V6.
Also there

</pre>
<pre wrap="">will be an

</pre>
<pre wrap="">alternative solution 'real soon now' that will
work nicely with

</pre>
<pre wrap="">latest

</pre>
<pre wrap="">SlimServer (6.51).

rb_ziggy wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">COuld anyone let me know if the Slimp plugins
work for

</pre>
<pre wrap="">displaying on

</pre>
<pre wrap="">the the latest Squeezebox 3?

Thanks

Richard

</pre>
<pre wrap="">__._