RE: Hardware BSC mapper

  • Subject: RE: Hardware BSC mapper
  • From: "Andy Laurence" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:34:48 +0100

Kevin Hawkins <mailto:lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am investigating the possibility of producing a board with
> just a single RS232 serial port, power supply and Rabbit chip
> with Ethernet that would enable a fairly low cost embedded
> solution - hopefully coming in under the Netiom price wise.
> This would offer the BSC Mapper functionality and capability
> for support of one serial device eg the Meteor for CID perhaps - or
> HomeVision....=20
>=20
> I maybe able to offer pre programmed Rabbit boards that would
> have no onboard I/O except Ethernet - but would provide BSC Mapper
> functionality + web server configuration and maybe some basic
> scheduling if that's of interest. That I'm guessing would be circa
> =A350 ish - is that in the right ballpark do you think ?

If Phaedrus are not going to implement this in the NetIOM any time soon,
I'=
ll be interested.  Currently, I'm looking to implement basic on/off
lightin=
g using a xAP NetIOM.  The light switches are momentary devices connected
t=
o the inputs of the NetIOM, and the lights are switched by relays
connected=
to the outputs of the NetIOM.  I'm still soldering up the relay boards for=
the lighting, but should be done soon(ish).  Currently, I plan to use xAP =
Floorplan to map the inputs to outputs, and produce a nice web frontend to
=
my house.  Using a device like this (or the NetIOM gaining this
functionali=
ty) would mean that I don't have to rely on a PC to make my lights turn
on/=
off!

Cheers,
Andy