Re: Re: xAP Ping 3 beta 4 released

--------------000204050002030405020306

apologies, this was an issue with the v1 release with all the code
swapping that happened moving to the ocx. It was fixed in an update but
hasn't made it to a real installer yet - i must get round to that. If
you grap an exe from here

http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/xapswitchboard20060709.zip

and replace your existing exe. Run switchboard, then outlook and in
Switchboard go to the config screen and you should see a reload from X
Outlook, click it and they will restart the sync.

James

rleong1 wrote:
> thanks this rev works fine now.
>
> on a different topic, i installed switchboard to try out.  will this
> work for us in the US (for our phone # system)?  i asumme the STD
> field is the same as our area code?
>
> i installed the outlook plugin and followed the instructions but its
> not importing contacts.  i do have 2 different profiles in outlook,
> one for me & one for the wife.
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:
>
>> ah, I was thinking that they were always failing rather than
always
>> succeeding. Here is an updated exe to try, seems to work correctly
now

>> http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/ping320060816.zip
>>
>> James
>>
>> rleong1 wrote:
>>
>>> did you try against a port that doesn't have a server on it?
i tried
>>> that and it still says success.

> found

>>> server on

against iis and
couple of

> ideas:

> and down

lines next

> to it

> Success

> having

winhttp

> error,

> process

>>> me know!

address with

> a port

> i put

page" field, ping doesn't

> seem

this or is my

address field and
using slimserver

wrote:

> [...]
by ping, by tcp
download, ODBC

>>> databases,

Intranet

>>> enabled it

results from the

>>> tests

give clear

too.

to allow easier

>>> use

status.html changes. This

status.html to

installing this one

>>> and

on the host

>>> computer

vbcontrol errors

>>> that

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------000204050002030405020306

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

apologies, this was an issue with the v1 release with all the code
swapping that happened moving to the ocx. It was fixed in an update but
hasn't made it to a real installer yet - i must get round to that. If
you grap an exe from here<br>
<pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/xapswitchboard20060709.zip";>http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/xapswitchboard20060709.zip</a>

and replace your existing exe. Run switchboard, then outlook and in
Switchboard go to the config screen and you should see a reload from X
Outlook, click it and they will restart the sync.

James
</pre>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">thanks this rev works fine now.

on a different topic, i installed switchboard to try out.  will this
work for us in the US (for our phone # system)?  i asumme the STD
field is the same as our area code?

i installed the outlook plugin and followed the instructions but its
not importing contacts.  i do have 2 different profiles in outlook,
one for me &amp; one for the wife.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">
ah, I was thinking that they were always failing rather than always
succeeding. Here is an updated exe to try, seems to work correctly now

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/ping320060816.zip";>http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/ping320060816.zip</a>

James

rleong1 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">did you try against a port that doesn't have a
server on it?  i tried
that and it still says success.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James &lt;james@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

I just been trying a few variants of http checks and so far have
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->found
</pre>
<pre wrap="">they all work.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://server1:53000";>http://server1:53000</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://192.168.0.4:53000";>http://192.168.0.4:53000</a>
i tried against the web interface of Wildfire, java based xmpp

</pre>
<pre wrap="">server on

</pre>
<pre wrap="">a high tcp port, and that worked. I've also
tried it against iis and
apache on port 80.
So assuming ping3 is basically working could you try a couple of
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->ideas:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">try using the ip of slimserver rather than the
domain name
try with or without the trailing slash.
When you get a fail, go back to the edit screen for the device
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->and down
</pre>
<pre wrap="">the bottom there is a Current status line. One
of the lines next
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->to it
</pre>
<pre wrap="">will nave a number in brackets. That number is
the http result.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->Success
</pre>
<pre wrap="">is 200, not found is 404 etc.  Could you let
me know wheat you see?

I am looking it to your request to monitor dns/ip changes, just
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->having
</pre>
<pre wrap="">some issues in how windows keeps caching dns.
Also the winhttp
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->error,
</pre>
<pre wrap="">it's nothing to worry about and I've made a
change to the build
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->process
</pre>
<pre wrap="">so it should re-occur with the next msi
release. Thanks for letting

</pre>
<pre wrap="">me know!

</pre>
<pre wrap="">James

rleong1 wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">on the http type, is it possible to have an
server address with
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->a port
</pre>
<pre wrap="">number?

<pre wrap=""><!---->i put
href="http://xyz:9000";>http://xyz:9000</a> in the "ip
address/web page" field, ping doesn't
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->seem
</pre>
<pre wrap="">to pay attention to the port number.  does it
not do this or is my
syntax wrong?

if i try tcp type and put my server ip in the ip address field and
9000 in the port field, it fails. in this case, i'm using slimserver
on port 9000.

thanks.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James &lt;james@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Ping 3 lets you check remote devices. It can
check by ping, by tcp
connection, by http download, by http proxy download, ODBC

</pre>
<pre wrap="">databases,

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Windows free memory and Windows drive space.
Being Intranet

</pre>
<pre wrap="">enabled it

</pre>
<pre wrap="">is all web based and easy to configure. Also
the results from the

</pre>
<pre wrap="">tests

</pre>
<pre wrap="">can be overlayed onto maps/siteplans/photos to
give clear

</pre>
<pre wrap="">indications of

</pre>
<pre wrap="">problems. Alerts can be emailed via an smtp
server too.

This new update includes the following features:

Ability to customise the status.html file created to allow easier

</pre>
<pre wrap="">use

</pre>
<pre wrap="">within other sites.
Better handling of time-outs on http collections
Ability to run a batch file whenever the status.html changes. This

</pre>
<pre wrap="">could

</pre>
<pre wrap="">be used to run an external program or even ftp
the status.html to
another server.

Please uninstall any previous copies prior to installing this one

</pre>
<pre wrap="">and

</pre>
<pre wrap="">ensure no other Intranet applications are
running on the host

</pre>
<pre wrap="">computer

</pre>
<pre wrap="">during install. Hopefully this will also fix
the vbcontrol errors

</pre>
<pre wrap="">that

</pre>
<pre wrap="">have been observed.

Download from <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.mi4.biz";>www.mi4.biz</a>

Enjoy

James

</pre>