Re: Re: xAP Ping 3 beta 4 released

--------------070009030507070002030704

Hi,

I just been trying a few variants of http checks and so far have found
they all work.
I have tried checking against another xAP intranet pages' http using
name and ip eg
http://server1:53000
http://192.168.0.4:53000
i tried against the web interface of Wildfire, java based xmpp server on
a high tcp port, and that worked. I've also tried it against iis and
apache on port 80.
So assuming ping3 is basically working could you try a couple of ideas:
try using the ip of slimserver rather than the domain name
try with or without the trailing slash.
When you get a fail, go back to the edit screen for the device and down
the bottom there is a Current status line. One of the lines next to it
will nave a number in brackets. That number is the http result. Success
is 200, not found is 404 etc.  Could you let me know wheat you see?

I am looking it to your request to monitor dns/ip changes, just having
some issues in how windows keeps caching dns. Also the winhttp error,
it's nothing to worry about and I've made a change to the build process
so it should re-occur with the next msi release. Thanks for letting me
know!

James

rleong1 wrote:
> on the http type, is it possible to have an server address with a port
> number?
>
> for example, i have an internal server running on port 9000.  if i put
> http://xyz:9000 in the
"ip address/web page" field, ping doesn't seem
> to pay attention to the port number.  does it not do this or is my
> syntax wrong?
>
> if i try tcp type and put my server ip in the ip address field and
> 9000 in the port field, it fails. in this case, i'm using slimserver
> on port 9000.
>
> thanks.
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:
>
>> Ping 3 lets you check remote devices. It can check by ping, by tcp
>> connection, by http download, by http proxy download, ODBC
databases,
>> Windows free memory and Windows drive space. Being Intranet
enabled it
>> is all web based and easy to configure. Also the results from the
tests
>> can be overlayed onto maps/siteplans/photos to give clear
>>
> indications of
>
>> problems. Alerts can be emailed via an smtp server too.
>>
>> This new update includes the following features:
>>
>> Ability to customise the status.html file created to allow easier
use
>> within other sites.
>> Better handling of time-outs on http collections
>> Ability to run a batch file whenever the status.html changes. This
>>
> could
>
>> be used to run an external program or even ftp the status.html to
>> another server.
>>
>> Please uninstall any previous copies prior to installing this one
and
>> ensure no other Intranet applications are running on the host
computer
>> during install. Hopefully this will also fix the vbcontrol errors
that
>> have been observed.
>>
>> Download from www.mi4.biz
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
>> James
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------070009030507070002030704

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Hi,<br>
I just been trying a few variants of http checks and so far have found
they all work. <br>
I have tried checking against another xAP intranet pages' http using
name and ip eg<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://192.168.0.4:53000";>http://192.168.0.4:53000</a><br>
i tried against the web interface of Wildfire, java based xmpp server
on a high tcp port, and that worked. I've also tried it against iis and
apache on port 80.<br>
So assuming ping3 is basically working could you try a couple of
ideas:<br>
try using the ip of slimserver rather than the domain name<br>
try with or without the trailing slash.<br>
When you get a fail, go back to the edit screen for the device and down
the bottom there is a Current status line. One of the lines next to it
will nave a number in brackets. That number is the http result. Success
is 200, not found is 404 etc.&nbsp; Could you let me know wheat you
see?<br>
I am looking it to your request to monitor dns/ip changes, just having
some issues in how windows keeps caching dns. Also the winhttp error,
it's nothing to worry about and I've made a change to the build process
so it should re-occur with the next msi release. Thanks for letting me
know!<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">on the http type, is it possible to have an

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://xyz:9000";>http://xyz:9000</a> in the "ip
address/web page" field, ping doesn't seem
to pay attention to the port number.  does it not do this or is my
syntax wrong?

if i try tcp type and put my server ip in the ip address field and
9000 in the port field, it fails. in this case, i'm using slimserver
on port 9000.

thanks.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Ping 3 lets you check remote devices. It can
check by ping, by tcp
connection, by http download, by http proxy download, ODBC databases,
Windows free memory and Windows drive space. Being Intranet enabled it
is all web based and easy to configure. Also the results from the tests
can be overlayed onto maps/siteplans/photos to give clear
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->indications of
</pre>
<pre wrap="">problems. Alerts can be emailed via an smtp
server too.

This new update includes the following features:

Ability to customise the status.html file created to allow easier use
within other sites.
Better handling of time-outs on http collections
Ability to run a batch file whenever the status.html changes. This
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->could
</pre>
<pre wrap="">be used to run an external program or even ftp
the status.html to
another server.

Please uninstall any previous copies prior to installing this one and
ensure no other Intranet applications are running on the host computer
during install. Hopefully this will also fix the vbcontrol errors that
have been observed.

Download from <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.mi4.biz";>www.mi4.biz</a>

Enjoy

James

</pre>