Re: xAP Ping 3 beta 4 released

  • Subject: Re: xAP Ping 3 beta 4 released
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:10:37 -0000

did an uninstall & reinstall and i get an error message about
being
unable to copy c:\winnt\system32\winhttp.dll because it is in use by
windows.  i had no xap apps running on my machine during installation.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "rleong1" <rleong1@...>
wrote:

> on the http type, is it possible to have an server address with a port
> number?
>
> for example, i have an internal server running on port 9000.  if i put
> http://xyz:9000 in the
"ip address/web page" field, ping doesn't seem
> to pay attention to the port number.  does it not do this or is my
> syntax wrong?
>
> if i try tcp type and put my server ip in the ip address field and
> 9000 in the port field, it fails. in this case, i'm using slimserver
> on port 9000.
>
> thanks.
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@> wrote:
> >
> > Ping 3 lets you check remote devices. It can check by ping, by
tcp
> > connection, by http download, by http proxy download, ODBC
databases,
> > Windows free memory and Windows drive space. Being Intranet
enabled it
> > is all web based and easy to configure. Also the results from the
tests
> > can be overlayed onto maps/siteplans/photos to give clear
> indications of
> > problems. Alerts can be emailed via an smtp server too.
> >
> > This new update includes the following features:
> >
> > Ability to customise the status.html file created to allow easier
use
> > within other sites.
> > Better handling of time-outs on http collections
> > Ability to run a batch file whenever the status.html changes.
This