Re: xap ping won't run - gives error message

  • Subject: Re: xap ping won't run - gives error message
  • From: "kerninger007" <heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:00:37 -0000

yes indeed kevin there are a few probs with pierre's plugin - I
know. I didn't know exactly what happened but i tried to install the
newer version of xap news 3 (3.1 release) because the 3.1 beta
didn't send any rss content to the homeseer devices. After
installing the application didn't start . After changing to the
newer xapintranet.ocx my xap news 3 works but the xap ping didn't
start (see my first post).
After that my XLobby clients won't show any xap-messages and I
realized that the xap-xlobby plugin disappeared (in all clients!).
I took a clean XLobby setup and started it without connection to the
server. The plugin was available. Then I connected to the server and
after a XLobby restart the plugin was away.
After unregistering the ocx and re-setup my XLobby xap envirement
all works fine. Strange thing and maybe it's not my day :-/
regards, heiko

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...>
wrote:

> Hi Heiko,
>
>     Very surprised that the OCX has any bearing on the XLobby
plugin -
> most strange - I use the XLobby plugin (a little) and Intranet
Launcher
> on the same machine OK.     There are a few known issues with the
XLobby
> plugin (but these are only seen by some users eg memory creep and
> instability) but unfortunately Pierre seem to have his time
occupied by
> other personal issues at the moment and hasn't as yet addressed
these. I
> gather it was a problem with some of his other apps too and he has
> identified the cause and fixed it in some, but not yet the xAP
plugin.
> He also doesn't appear much on this xAP forum :-(
>
>     Kevin
>
> kerninger007 wrote:
> >
> > Had big trouble with my XLobby xap plugin. Installing the new
> > xapintranet.ocx causes that all my client xap-xlobby plugins
crashed.

> > After uninstall the xap-intranet launcher, unregistering the ocx,
> > reinstalling all the xap-xlobby plugins on my clients, restoring
my
> > xap schemas - all is running again.
> >
> > I wonder that a problem with a ocx on my server has crashed all
> > configurations on my clients.
> >
> > Enough intranet launcher for today :-)
> >
> > Regards, heiko
> >
> > --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>,
"kerninger007"
<heiko@>

James <james@> wrote:

> > http://www.mi4.biz/files/intranetocx/MSWINSCK.OCX
> > <http://www.mi4.biz/files/intranetocx/MSWINSCK.OCX>
> > > in

-- in the
> > end I
> > > did
apps which
> > cured
> > > it.

> > ---
> > > ------

> > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
*On Behalf Of *rleong1
> > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
> > error
> > > message

uninstall &
> > reinstall &
protected
by

James <james@>

when there
is
> > > version
Floorplan was
> > > running when
updating the
> > file.

<http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?>

name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=134&ttitle=xAP_Intranet_1
> > .
> > > 2
<http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?>

name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=134&ttitle=xAP_Intranet_1
> > .
> > > 2>
it should
sort