Re: Logic: Distributed or Centralised?

Gregg Liming wrote:

>  I recently added xAP BSC support to mh so that
> mh-local devices can be controlled/monitored by non-mh xAP
"controllers"
> and mh can monitor/control xAP BSC devices (e.g., the xAP NetIOM).
> There's a good deal of additional xAP support as well (e.g., CTI/CID
> (asterisk and CID units), VMI (for zoneminder), TTS/Speech, Weather,
and
> others).  It is also possible to run distributed mh
"instances" where
> their state is "synced" using xAP.
> Gregg

Heh - you have been busy Gregg :-) - I really should spend a bit of time
with MH.   I know early on the xAP support was fairly basic but now it
seems it's practically using it as it's local dialect between modules,
and with BSC support in there too that's great.   Ahh .... reminds me I
must, and will,  push forward on getting that extended UID format
formally announced,. I know it's a restriction to you in its current
form but the new format we pre announced should suit ,  I hope.

I'm also playing with * at the moment and now better understand a few
things about how to adapt/extend * ; like scripts compared with  code
hacks ,  CLI and * manager interface.   Also the channel, trunk,
extension type things that were concerns to you in shoehorning that into
the existing xAP CID schema and xAP Switchboard.   I know you were
considering a new CTI schema and also some manager interface to * that
modelled state etc. Did you get anywhere with these .Patricks 'eventing'
xAP interface is really a little too raw and verbose for my needs, it
would need quite a bit of state modelling sitting somewhere else to be
appropriate so I was looking at adding perhaps just the CID schema, dial
capability and maybe a VM report or two. But I'm thinking (nay let's be
optimistic - hoping) you maybe have this now already ??

Kevin