Re: Re: more questions!

--------------010507070905040008010703

Could you send me some example sensor.basic messages that you are
sending? Including some that get through and some that don't.
There should be no reason why they don't get transfered as long as it's
less than 254 devices (uid limit). When you say UID error, i presume
this is from Viewer?  does it actually say what the error was,  I'm
guessing it is an incorrect number of characters, probably something to
do with decimal to hex conversion...somewhere

James

rleong1 wrote:
> the problem i'm having is w/ sensor.basic.  i am trying to send xpl
> messages for updates from my home automation controller (jds
> timecommander+).  i'll send the message as sensor.basic w/ the device
> equal to the name of whatever i'm updating (GarageTemp,
> FrontMotionSensor, etc.)  it seems in excess of 8 devices results in a
> UID error on the xap side.  and i probably have in excess of 200
> 'devices' (variables, flags, analog & dig inputs, relays...)  i'm
> doing this so i can update screens in xlobby.
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:
>
>> 'fraid Kevin is a bit wrong on that one. While can enable the
>> bridge/translators you can't add to them. While is may be possible
>> script certain bridges they can get quite fiddly. This is
especially
>> true for schemas that use sub address on the xAP side, like the
xPL
>> sensor.basic schema.  Are there any particular schemas you would
like
>> bridged?
>> James
>> rleong1 wrote:
>>
>>> kevin wrote in this post:
>>>
>>> "xAP Floorplan does bridging a little differently in that
it has
>>> inbuilt support for schema translations from xPL to xAP, and
you can
>>> creat and add your own I believe."
>>>
>>> is it true i can create & add my own translations?  how
can i do this?

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------010507070905040008010703

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Could you send me some example sensor.basic messages that you are
sending? Including some that get through and some that don't.<br>
There should be no reason why they don't get transfered as long as it's
less than 254 devices (uid limit). When you say UID error, i presume
this is from Viewer?&nbsp; does it actually say what the error
was,&nbsp; I'm
guessing it is an incorrect number of characters, probably something to
do with decimal to hex conversion...somewhere<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">the problem i'm having is w/ sensor.basic.  i
am trying to send xpl
messages for updates from my home automation controller (jds
timecommander+).  i'll send the message as sensor.basic w/ the device
equal to the name of whatever i'm updating (GarageTemp,
FrontMotionSensor, etc.)  it seems in excess of 8 devices results in a
UID error on the xap side.  and i probably have in excess of 200
'devices' (variables, flags, analog &amp; dig inputs, relays...)  i'm
doing this so i can update screens in xlobby.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">'fraid Kevin is a bit wrong on that one. While
can enable the
bridge/translators you can't add to them. While is may be possible to
script certain bridges they can get quite fiddly. This is especially
true for schemas that use sub address on the xAP side, like the xPL
sensor.basic schema.  Are there any particular schemas you would like
bridged?
James
rleong1 wrote:
</pre>