Re: Floorplan - IE/Ajax memory usage

--------------010100090402020407060306

James,
I thought that may be the answer - use another browser!

On occasions the script terminates in IE as it runs out of memory before
garbage collection.

Lehane
...off to put Firefox on the touchscreen....

James wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a known IE6 issue. I have seen it do garbage collection after
> while and clear up the memory.  What it seems to do is to keep a full
> cache of the entire stream of data and as it's constantly getting a
> stream from Floorplan the cache can get large. I would hope IE7 fixes
it
> but have yet to try it. As i'm sure you're expecting to hear...  no
> issues at all in FireFox ;-)
>
> James
>
> g8kmh wrote:
>
>> All,
>> Has anyone else noticed increasing memory usage with xAP Floorplan
when
>> using IE?
>>
>> I've run the 'drip' tool on it and it runs at about 10-30Kb a
second
>> when sat there.
>>
>> Lehane
>>

>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------010100090402020407060306

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<tt>

James,<br>
I thought that may be the answer - use another browser!<br>
On occasions the script terminates in IE as it runs out of memory
before garbage collection.<br>
Lehane<br>
...off to put Firefox on the touchscreen....<br>
James wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi,

This is a known IE6 issue. I have seen it do garbage collection after a
while and clear up the memory.  What it seems to do is to keep a full
cache of the entire stream of data and as it's constantly getting a
stream from Floorplan the cache can get large. I would hope IE7 fixes it
but have yet to try it. As i'm sure you're expecting to hear...  no
issues at all in FireFox ;-)

James

g8kmh wrote:
</pre>