Re: Re: xAP COM port interface?

Yes - I played with a  modified CD50 and ISTR that Patricks Meteor app
reported all the CID info correctly - I am not sure what xAPTel would do
as it relies on an OCX but it may work too.

I have seen the spec for 'message waiting' in the SIN documentation that
BT release but here at home where I use 1571 I have never managed to see
any useful data reported on messages waiting. I 'm guessing it may be
only implemented on certain exchanges ,or even maybe only in the docs
;-) .There's quite a lot in that spec that just isn't available in
practice.
I have a small CID display device here (in fact probably the same as
those eBay ones)  that does have a message waiting indicator (flashing
light) on it and given it already decodes teh CLIP packet I would have
expected it to take any message waiting info from that. However it works
by taking the phone 'offhook' for a couple of secs after every call and
listening for a broken dialtone (which indicates message waiting). If
you do get any reliable info from the message waiting data it would make
a great thing to report over xAP.   I looked at modding these (same as
the CD50) but its a pretty tight fit in the case so never persued it.

Keep us updated.

Kevin

Patrick Lidstone (Personal e-mail) wrote:

>>There's a hack on the web to add a serial interface to a similar
>>CD50 unit which, I believe, also works with this more compact unit.
>>A kind chap on the HS forum will experiment with this to verify it
>>can be done. Because CLI also contains data of "message
waiting"