Re: Re: xAP COM port interface?

>There's a hack on the web to add a serial interface to a similar
>CD50 unit which, I believe, also works with this more compact unit.
>A kind chap on the HS forum will experiment with this to verify it
>can be done. Because CLI also contains data of "message
waiting"
>1575 service it may be possible to use that to create household
>alerts to waiting messages.

The format used by the meteor is virtually identical to the native
wireformat that the callerid data is delivered in down the phoneline.
I'd be willing to make a small bet that my xAP meteor connector will
work just fine with a modded caller id box, and if it doesn't, then
any changes required will be trivial.

Patrick