Re: Re: Problems with MCxAP (moved from UKHA_D)

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:03:39 -0000, "Keith Finnett"
<keith@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I moved the other services onto a different PC, and the Viewer still
>picks them up - test 1 complete!

Of course :)) That's xAP. Distributed.

>However, starting MCxAP alone on
>the MCE machine makes no change, and the service doesn't appear to
>exist.

It isn't a Service, so that's quite correct. Only MCE loads its
AddIns. There's a page somewhere in the depths of MCE that lists
loaded AddIns. You can turn them on and off via that I think. It's
been yonks since I've dug around in there though!

>Perhaps a logfile would be handy in debugging this?

There is one already as it happens, see the next post... ;)

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/