Re: Problems with MCxAP (moved from UKHA_D)

  • Subject: Re: Problems with MCxAP (moved from UKHA_D)
  • From: "Keith Finnett" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:03:39 -0000

Hi Stuart,

> One thing that's different from your setup is that my MCE machine
> *only* runs MCxAP, so it's the Hub and the message processor on
that
> machine. I run Hub, MailMon, EmailOSD on my Server PC elsewhere in
the
> house.
>
> MCxAP will only ever start when you fire up MCE. It's an MCE Add-In
> that should get loaded automatically when MCE starts. If after MCE
has
> started it isn't appearing in Viewer, it has failed to load for
some
> reason, or it isn't sending out any xAP messages.
>
> Can I first of all suggest stopping all the other xAP modules and
just
> firing up MCE on its own. Also leave Viewer running on another PC.
I'm
> assuming here that the other xAPps running on the MCE machine
appeared
> in the off-machine instance of Viewer okay?? If that doesn't cause
it
> to appear. I'll have to check how I did the error logging in it. I
> suspect it creates a file somewhere but I may have taken that trace
> code out when I got it working.

I moved the other services onto a different PC, and the Viewer still
picks them up - test 1 complete! However, starting MCxAP alone on
the MCE machine makes no change, and the service doesn't appear to
exist.

Perhaps a logfile would be handy in debugging this? Let me know if I
can assist with the debugging as i've got a good amount of
programming knowledge in a number of languages. Quite keen to solve
this one!!