Re: Homeseer 2 Plugin Question

marcrfuller wrote:

>Hi There,
>
>I am very new to xAP but seem to be making headway, except for a small
>problem I am having.
>
>Background: I am using HS2 (Homeseer 2) with the xAP v2.0.0.182
>plugin. I have a xAP program running with my Quasar 3145 temperature
>sensor which is sending out data without problem.
>
>Problem: If I restart HS2 my xAP devices seem to loose their
>configuration. For example, xAP detected the new xAP devices in
>Homeseer  and I added them using the "New Hardware" tab. Once
the
>device was added I renamed it to something more friendly in Homeseer
>(The device code stays the same e.g "\1"). It then seems to
run fine
>until I restart Homeseer (which with version 2 is alot !). Once HS2 is
>restarted the previous devices seem idle and I get a new "New
>Hardware" from the xAP plugin.
>
>Any ideas ? any help is appreciated, and please remember.. I've only
>been using xAP for 5 hours now :D
>
>Cheers
>
>Marc

Hi Marc,

Curious - I'm not seeing this behaviour..

When I alter the name of a xAP device and click 'Save' I get a popup
of  Database Item : "Saving device WhateverName"  and then about
5 secs
later I get another popup message from xAP Conduit "Device list has
changed - need to reload data table".  . The device however stays live
over restarts and is not re-detected ... .  Do you see both those
messages ?    You're not by any chance renaming the xAP source address
somehow are you ? (which would cause exactly this behaviour as HS would
see it as a different/new device).  In the 'new hardware' tab is the
name different to before ?

One thing I do experience from time to time is HomeSeer not hearing
any xAP traffic but I think that is an issue with the rather strange hub
setup I use here and not HomeSeer.  (You can tell if HS is receiving xAP
traffic from the 'Stats' tab which will show the last received message
and message count since restart). The fact you are re-detecting devices
indicates this isn't the issue here though and I think it's only me that
will experience this...

What xAP device are you adding to HomeSeer and is it added as a BSC
device, a recognised schema device or just as a raw parameter value ??
I'll try and duplicate it here.

Kevin

PS I am using the 1961 build of HS2