Re: xAP Floorplan beta 4 released

  • Subject: Re: xAP Floorplan beta 4 released
  • From: "garygfx" <garygfx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:50:39 -0000

It no longer crashes - whoohoo! :-)

After a few minutes (without fail!) it says "is not receiving xAP
messages". I can't fix this without restarting Floorplan. I'm using
the GUI Hub on my remote PC which is running Floorplan. I'm not
running a hub on the HS computer as the xAP Conduit is the only xAP
app running on it.

I deleted the setting.ini file to start over since it hadn't listed
all of my devices. The detection window appeared in Homeseer so I
accepted all that but it didn't broadcast the devices. I restarted
all apps and still nothing is showing in Floorplan. Any suggestions
please?

Thanks,
Gary.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
> *Floorplan  beta 4 is now available at mi4.biz
>
> Featuring:
> *File saving issue fixed
> Display style is now correctly stored
> All new timer system. The old time only system has gone. The new
system
> is much more flexable and includes security randomiser,
sunrise/sunset,
> day, weekday, month, leap year settings. So you can now run a
script
> only on Friday the 13ths at a random point around sunrise only in
> January and only on leap years if you like.
> Along side the existing scripts there are now auto scripts. Those
who
> have use the xAP events within HomeSeer will be familiar with this
but
> basically without scripting or xAP knowledge you can send
sequences of
> commands in very easy way.
> Can now be run as a service
> Both BSC and raw items can be included both on a floorplan as
before and
> now in a Control tab. This lists the devices with their control
buttons
> in a list which give quick access to them.
> Raw devices can now have control options too. Each raw item can
link to
> upto 10 scripts or auto scripts and you can give each button
captions as
> required.
> Active inserts can now be deleted
> Timers and links can be enable/disabled by simply clicking the
green/red
> globe next to each
> Script functions increase and a method of allowing scripts to
generate
> temporary timers is of particular use. This allow a script to
either
> schedule another existing script/autoscript to be run at a set
time or
last
> one is a bit confusing to explain but is very useful. One example
would
> be for a timer to run at midnight to turn all the lights off but
what
> the script does is to make a series of timers over say the next ten
> minutes to slowly fade down the lights once this fade is complete
all
> the temporary timers are removed leaving you with just the midnight
> timer in the list.
>
> Please note the existing timer system is no longer supported.
Converting