Re: BSCMapper 1.0.0.7 released

Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 00:44 +0100, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>

>>This is a xAP OCX  issue not a Windows version problem   - PG has
just
>>downloaded / installed  from the Ascentium site Patricks 'latest'
OCX
>>and now xAPTel is broken giving an 'outdated OCX' message.
>>
>>Mark - you did confirm a few days back  that the version on your
site is
>>exactly the same version I am compiling against ??  Yes ?
Certainly the
>>download link on your site is to a different version to mine.
>>
>>I have just downloaded the OCX from Ascentium and I that has a file
size
>>of 53248  vs the OCX I am using which has a file size of 61440 (as
>>posted before).  Additionally the OCX on your site doesn't appear
>>have a version property so I can only assume the version I have is
more
>>recent than your version ?? I have tried again (and failed) to find
the
>>definitive copy on Patricks site so I am unsure now which is
which.....
>>James' site is hosting the same version I am using.....
>>
>>If I run your original compiled exe for BSC Mapper it works with
your
>>OCX  - and the version I compiled works with my OCX which is
version
>>1.7  - do you know what version you compiled against ?  I think we
are
>>using different versions and based on no ver property and bigger
>>normally means 'later' (assuming no debug code) I think you may be
using
>>an older one.
>>

>Hmm... very odd.
>
>Can you send me the version of the OCX that you have?
>
>Assuming that I can recompile all my apps and they all work with it,
>I'll just replace ALL the exes on my site and the OCX, and claim
they're
>current.
>
>M.

I'm just a little worried we don't know which is the latest because I
know P added some methods to the OCX (that you requested) and then sent
you an update.. ... anyway let's see if your apps stay working.  James'
site has the same version I use at

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=37

If it does work could you update the OCX on your site too as xAPTel
checks it has at least v1.7 on launch and offers them your site as the
place to get updates...

Kevin

PS Paul - when we decide which is the latest one of us will recompile
our apps to work with the updated OCX, until then it's two different
ones I'm afraid.