Very newbie Homeseer question

  • Subject: Very newbie Homeseer question
  • From: "tnichols2594" <tnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 13:10:53 -0000

I am using homeseer to control multiple devices in my home via a
smarthome usb interface.  I have a horse barn or stable about 300
yards away that I also need to control the lighting and many other
devices there.  The barn is connected to the main house via fiber and
the barn office is on the local lan with the main house.

I installed a Lantronix EPS1 serial server at the barn and then
connected that to a serial X10 interface to enable me to send X10
commands to the barn via ethernet/lan.  However, I did not realize
that HS would not allow me to connect two different X10 interfaces
and I need them both.

I was told on the HS message board that xAP would allow me to do this
and wondered if anyone could give me some pointers on what needed to
be done or if this could be a reliable control method for the barn.
It is too far away for wireless (unless expensive directional version)
and not on the same power grid.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TNichols