Re: AW: New xAP section on http://www.kerninger.net

Heiko Kern wrote:

>Kevin,
>thanks for the opportunity to assistance! I'm sure I'll come back to
>your offer.
>

>Yes, the Xlobby plugin works for me. But I was a little bit irritated
>about your thread in the Homesser-board to the xAP Plugin for HS 2.0.
>Can't understand the information policy of Homeseer :-(

Me too - I am very dissapointed with HomeSeer and their attitude here, I
sort of used the opportunity on the HS board to convey this I hope.
Their response is (and has been for the past 2 months) that the public
beta will be out 'tomorrow'. After all James has done a huge amount of
work and offered the plugin for free, indeed he isn't even a HomeSeer
user in his own setup. Having it work with HS v2 from the outset would
have been much better for all concerned including HomeSeer I would have
thought. I am also very dissapointed there are no documents or
guidelines on what needs to be changed. I am sure there are a lot of
useful bits of info in the beta testers forum but again we have no
access there :-) We'll see what happens here.

>Are there newer and closer informations? Any chance to have a running
>xAP Plugin if HS 2.0 comes out?

I think that very much depends on how much work needs to be done to make
it compatible - and of course James' time availability and enthusiasm -
. At the moment the plugin seems to work really well. It interacts very
heavilly with HomeSeers' state model and there are numerous 'kludges' to
get HS to co-operate with xAP in a true realtime way. I suspect a lot of
this may have changed in the next release , hopefully with a nice new
clean model - but that means some workarounds may need removing now
which is always awkward - we're all a bit in the dark here.

Kevin

>Kerninger

Auftrag von Kevin Hawkins

<http://www.kerninger.net/>