From: Kevin Hawkins [mailto:lists@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 February 2005 12:19
To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xap_automation] xAP X10 BSC Connector v2.5.0 released

Edward Pearson wrote:

>A major new version of the xAP Framework X10 Connector is now available
and
>a new xAP location on the web has come into being too
www.erspearson.com.

Hi Edward,

I am now using this new connector, very nice.

One thing I have come across.  In your device configuration it isn't
possible to create two devices with the same X10 address and I have a
couple of devices set up this way.  I have two external security floods
with different xAP names but both on say F4.  Now I realise that I can't
individually address them either via X10 or even xAP if they had
different addresses but it would kind of be nice to have them both
independently sending .event and .info messages. That way if later I did
change one of their X10 address to something unique it would all still
work transparently from xAP.  Maybe you could have a 'warn' with
duplicate addresses rather than being non allowable ?

Kevin