Re: xAP to UPnP connector

The entry level for UPnP from a hobbyist level is very high, probaly  an
order of magnitude at least more complex than xAP and the codespace
requirement correspondingly larger. This makes it very impractical to
implement UPnP on low power devices >currently<.   Having said that
it
is a great concept and I think it is the likely way forward as it has so
much backing behind it from big name manufacturers and the codesize
issues become less significant as technology moves forward. UPnP from a
media server perspective is particularly nice.  Having a way to allow
xAP and UPnP to interact would be very neat ..... and here's a
possibility ....

TelCanto as a product has started to add UPnP support as both a Media
Renderer and a Media Server - and it has inbuilt xAP support so you
should actually be able to achieve a lot of what you are looking for
soon Jeremy.    My experience with the UPnP various flavours of audio
renderers and servers, both hardware and software  is that there is
still a way to go to get them all singing from the same hymn sheet
though.  Which ones do you actually use Jeremy ?

Kevin