Re: xAP to UPnP connector

  • Subject: Re: xAP to UPnP connector
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:43:46 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Jeremy Laurenson"
<jeremy@l...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems to me these are somewhat competing technologies, but I have
some
> audio stuff thats controllable via UPnP...
>
> Any way to get upnp onto xap?

Nothing _working_ at the moment :-) I understand that, behind the
scenes, there are some efforts in this direction.

Given historical accusations of "vapourware", we've tried as a
group
to only announce products once there's something to download and try,
rather than producing a roadmap. Maybe that's not the right way to go
anymore.... We're a lot bigger, with more developers and many, many,
more users.

What do you think? Would you rather have better visibility of what's
coming, at the risk of some of it never actually coming to pass... or
would you rather see "this is available" surprises?

M.