Re: xAP SwitchBoard beta 2 released

> When I couldn't recall the port number I needed to access, 'twas very
> useful. I seem to have it ingrained into my head now, although having
> just gone over to using bookmarks, I'll probably be keying it in less
> frequently. Now I have the bookmarks, a service flavour would be
> perfect.

One of the advantages of the Intranet is that the apps link together so
each provide links to each other. In theory remembering port numbers
isn't necessary now. Trouble is you have get on to the intranet in the
first place.  In do intend to do a little app for this purpose.

Otherwise I assume I would have got 2 distinct
> message.display xAP messages sent? #
Yep, the file is read top to bottom and can contain any number of messages.

> One more question. Does the ToSend.txt get read only when
> xAPSwitchboard starts up? Or can I modify ToSend.txt at runtime and
> expect changes to be processed next time a CID event occurs? I've been
> restarting xSB each time I change it.
Only the settings.txt file is read at startup. All others, the 5 tosend
files, the address book and contents of the mdbs are all read on the
fly.  ALso the settings file is re-written any time any config item is
changed so if you want to edit that file make sure you save it after xSB
is closed.