RE: Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)

  • Subject: RE: Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone \(Personal E-mail\)" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:56:48 +0100

> Sounds good.
>
> Call deflection sounds interesting - I presume you can set
> when you're out and have the call divert to a mobile etc? Can
> you do this automatically e.g. when Comfort is armed to away mode?

Yes, although you can also simulate call deflection by bridging two lines -
tying them up in the process. I use the latter to allow selected people
(identified by caller id) to choose whether they want to leave a message or
connect the call direct to my mobile via IVR. My setup is also integrated
with comfort, so that behaviour changes based on home/away/night mode.

> I've been looking at the IP phones - my problem is that I
> like the use of a mobile, hands free phone (like a DECT
> phone) and don't want wires - I know that there are cordless
> IP phones available but do you know if any of them have a
> similar XML browser etc that can do the same as the 79xx?

I don't think so, although most will have some kind of web-administered
address book. That said, from what I've heard the current crop of cordless
IP phones are pants.

> Exciting stuff (in a sad kind of way I guess :) )

:-)

Patrick