RE: Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)

  • Subject: RE: Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:46:36 +0100

Sounds good.

Call deflection sounds interesting - I presume you can set when you're out
and have the call divert to a mobile etc? Can you do this automatically
e.g. when Comfort is armed to away mode?

I've been looking at the IP phones - my problem is that I like the use of a
mobile, hands free phone (like a DECT phone) and don't want wires - I know
that there are cordless IP phones available but do you know if any of them
have a similar XML browser etc that can do the same as the 79xx?

Exciting stuff (in a sad kind of way I guess :) )

Paul.

Behalf Of Patrick Lidstone
> (Personal E-mail)
> Sent: 20 April 2005 10:25
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [xap_automation] Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)
>

> > Thanks Patrick,
> >
> > If I went the Sipura 3000 route x3 for all 3 analogue lines,
> > would I loose any functionality by not using the digital line at
all?

> No, not really - you would gain the use of a new number for voice
calls if
> you used the digital circuit. If you upgrade to ISDN2e it's a
different
> story - you can do a whole load of useful stuff, like call deflection.
>
> > I think I want to use my existing 2x DECT systems in the
> > house (at the moment) until I possibly upgrade to IP phones.
> > The mini browser sounds interesting - just what I need to be
> > able to browse a central address book - do you use this?
>
> Yes. It works exceptionally well, allowing searching of entries in a
nice
> user friendly way.
>
> > Ummmm - just thinking - would that mean that I'd need SIX
SPA-300's for
> three analogue
> > lines and three analogue phones?
>
> No, each SPA3000 is a combined FXO (exchange line interface) and FXS
> (handset line interface). Ie. You can plug up to one analogue line and
one
> handset into each each SPA3000. If you don't need private
extensions/to