Re: xAP quiet?

Hi Paul,

Well I certainly know that the main developers are all hard at work
on their respective apps - and the next version of xAP Switchboard (beta
2) and xAPTel should be released any day. The XLobby plugin seems to be
working well currently - I had understimated some of its flexibilty in
the latest beta and I now use it do display and control my C-Bus
lighting and alarm panel. Efefctively you can support all schemas, not
just BSC.  Stuart is back in the loop and persuing very interesting
directions and (other) Kevin has some new xAP Desktop stuff on the way
.    Interestingly I've found that moving my apps from 'suitable for me'
to 'suitable for everyone' typically trebles the application development
time which is an unfortunate effect.  People tend to want slightly
different features to suit their own HA setups and they even have the
nerve to find bugs ;-).

A strange thing is that I probably receive half a dozen different
questions about xAP and the various applications offlist, and I know the
others do too so trying to encourage everyone to ask questions here
rather than offlist , no matter how 'newbie' they might be would be a
good thing for list traffic.  Part of the issue is that people tend to
produce solutions that meet their own needs and then spend a while
honing their own home system as they add scripts etc. I am constantly
amazed by a 'new' voice that says... 'Ive been using xAP for a while
and....' but they've never posted.     Skype (and MSN) also focus very
heavily in my own xAP communication - currently typically when James has
managed to find a new bug in xAPTel, or we would like to add a new
feature to complement the xAPTel/Switchboard interaction.  The other
aspect is that xAP traffic is spread over several other xAP BBS's or
forums too eg the HomeSeer and  XLobby ones.   So posts here are always
encouraged for any reason.

Kevin