Re: Re: Help With Caller ID Please

turner228 wrote:

>Thanks Kevin for your responses
>
>I do confess to being a little puzzled with the settings.txt file
>since it was obviously referring to some schema, CID.info and
>CID.lookup, which I could find no reference to. But thanks for your
>explanation of them.

Also the display designer helps with what all the bits of the settings
files do.

>So having modified my settings.txt, presumably it will be
>overwritten by the next Desktop update

So how do I create another "special to me" instance of the caller
ID
display for the desktop?

If you directly modify one of the displays in the library, then yes it
will get overwritten. The best way is to copy the existing display
folder in the library and give it a new name. Then in the new folder
modify the display.ini to give the display a new name, now edit it to
your hearts content.

>Current versions are
>xAP Conduit~!~xAP Conduit Version 0.7.845 Beta Release
>xAP Desktop 0.0.0.211

The desktop version is the latest. There is a more upto date version of
the homeseer plugin (0.8.127) this is a test release not a full beta but
is stable and supports the latest version of BSC (basic status and
control) as well as more control over what gets sent out over xAP and
afaik fixes all the bugs too.
http://www.mi4.biz/downloads/hspi_xap.zip

James